Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 1 of Training: July 28, 2012

Have you ever had a week that felt more like a month? That is what training is like. On our second day one of our teammates remarked, " I feel like I've already been here an entire week!" I whole-heartedly agree. Each day is crammed packed with new information and experiences. The schedule is as follows: 7AM: breakfast 8AM: Discovery/discussion group with everyone who is going to the former Soviet countries (CIS). 9AM-12PM: Classes for TEFL (Teaching English as a foreign language) 1:30-3:30: Cultural training 3:30-5:00: Lesson planning 6:30-9:30: Practicum and debriefing time I am learning so much. We're only given an hour and a half to prepare a lesson plan before being expected to teach it to a class that evening. I thank God for helping me grow as a teacher and for energy to get through each day. We are also praying for our friends and family to be energized and thanking God that they have the strength they need for each day! Love in Christ, Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers