Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Update 8-21-12

Training is finally over!  I was beginning to wonder if it would every end!  TeachOverseas had our time scheduled from sunrise to sunset and between TEFL courses and culture training sessions our days were kept full.  It was encouraging to meet so many other people who share the same desire in serving the world through teaching. I'm amazed at how our G-d was able to take complete strangers and quickly knit their hearts together in love.  On only the second day of training one of my teammates remarked ,"I can't believe it's only day TWO!  I feel like I've known you for years."

Lexi's crawling all over the place now.  Any free moment I have is spent prying something out of her hands that she's not supposed to have!  She can "somewhat" feed herself her snacks now, although I did witness her try to put a cracker in her ear.  I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually.

Rhonda and I are currently staying with a friend in Camarillo, CA until we depart for Russia on 9/3.  Oh, and I get to meet the Power Team today.  More on that later.  Maybe I can get their autograph on a ripped phone book or something?

--Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers