Friday, October 19, 2012

God's Will for My Life

What's God's will for my life? Is this a question you've ever asked yourself?

If so, then you are in good company. I must have wrestled with this question from the time I was 18 until somewhere in my mid twenties. When I say wrestled, I mean tears flowing, sobbing, begging God to show me. Then one day it struck me (probably through some sound wisdom from a God-sent preacher). God's will is written in His word, the Bible. He did show us his way.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and with all your strength and love others like you love yourself. Those are the two and greatest commandments. That's what your life is to "hing" on. Build your life on the rock, Jesus Christ, and He will keep you in all your ways. This is not free reign to go around sinning, it's freedom to be free in Christ.

Matthew 7:24: Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

Luke 10:27: So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”

Psalm 91:11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.

Galations 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers