Saturday, October 6, 2012

20 Days till 30: Devo. Pray without Ceasing

Pray. How much? Without ceasing.

I imagine this as a conversation. We are telling our friend about a problem. Their solution is that we should pray. Then we want to know the cost, exactly how much do we have to pray, is it going to be hard, can I fit it into my packed schedule.  I come from a background of grace, meaning I know that it is by GRACE that I am saved. I believe and love a God who is full of mercy and GRACE. I should give myself MORE GRACE in this area of praying without ceasing. I generally say a prayer whenever something comes to mind that is disturbing, or that causes concern. When I pray, I unburden my heart. When your heart is unburdened, then it is easier to rejoice and give thanks. The passage from 1 Thessalonians mentions three things that are God's will for us:1.) rejoice always, 2.) pray continually, and 3.) give thanks in all circumstances.

When we pray, it lowers anxiety. When we are less anxious, we are healthier and happier. Thinking about yourself too much, or having pity parties only leads to depression. So, when we pray, be sure to pray for others (not just yourself), include thanksgiving (again focusing on God's goodness and not your own circumstances), and then rejoice because you know you have what you asked for in PRAYER! And have a great day.

1Thess. 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers