Thursday, October 25, 2012

Living in the Now.

Last Devo b-4 30: Life Rule to Live by: LIVE IN THE NOW.

Don't live in the past, dragging junk along with you, or in the future always anxious about tomorrow. Rather, enjoy today; where you are at today.

I've been thinking about this for a few days now, but had it confirmed tonight at church. The pastor put it much more eloquently, but my thought process began with a pair of shoes. There are so many sayings about shoes. I think of "Forest Gump," who said "moma said these are my special shoes. They'll take me anywhere." It all started when I bought a pair of winter boots. I kept singing, "put on your boots..." the U2 song." Then, that made me think of the song that says "(when you get to heaven gonna) put on your crown and dance around." Someone played that song for a devotional once. It was fun to pass around the crown and dance. But, what are we waiting for? Why wait till heaven? We can have a blessed and full life now.
We should put on our boots now, and go live our lives. We can live in the moment; not in the past and not in the future, but now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers